Each rug we sell comes with a full one-year manufacturer's warranty. This warrants the rug against manufacturing defects in workmanship or materials for a one (1) year period from the date of the original purchase. The manufacturer will repair or replace, at its discretion, the rug without charge. Normal wear and tear is not warranted. To register a claim under this warranty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday Eastern time. Proof of original purchase is required.
You must purchase and use a suitable area rug pad under your rug for this warranty to apply.Normal wear and tear is not warranted. In addition, there are outside elements that may affect your rug's appearance over time. Many of these conditions are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty. These conditions are normal and are not considered manufacturing defects. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Differences in color and texture from samples or from one rug to another
- Roll marks from shipping that will disappear with routine vacuuming
- Seam peaking from rolling the rug that will disappear with reverse rolling
- Shedding, which will decrease and stop over time
- Matting and crushing at pivot points and in traffic paths
- Highlighting and shading from light reflections
- Normal sprouting pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber
- Exposure to sunlight, humidity, heat, chemicals or atmospheric gases
- Improper maintenance, including use of the vacuum cleaner's beater bar
- Placing a non-water-resistant rug in a damp or wet area
- Damage caused by pets
- Improper cleaning, especially through use of a wet process
Area rugs manufacturers specifically exclude damage by a vacuum cleaner, including the use of the beater bar. This is not a defect in the rug.